If you need a quick cup of coffee without dealing with the hassle of grinding the beans, then a single serve coffee maker might be the solution you need. However, finding the best machine may take some time. We have therefore compiled a list of the best single serve coffee makers on the market. Enjoy your morning coffee by purchasing one of these appliances!
To make it easier for you, the best single serve coffee maker on our list is the Ninja Single-Serve, Pod-Free Coffee Maker. This device comes in a small and simple package, yet it is jam packed with amazing features making it the best coffee maker in 2018.
A Spotlight On The Best Single Serve Coffee Maker 2018
Keurig K-Cafe Single Serve Review
Keurig decided to mix things up when it comes to the design of the Keurig K-Café. They went for an appealing modern design instead of using the same old tired look of older models. It features a 60-ounce removable water reservoir, a heating system, and control on the top that are easy to access.
The appliance has four different coffee sizes and a shot button for lattes. It also includes a strong brew option and a milk frother. The milk frother has three modes: “Cappuccino”, “Cold Froth”, and “Latte”. Besides, you can use any milk with it from coconut milk and all the way up to regular full milk.
If you want a regular cup of coffee, insert the K-Cup and push the “Coffee” button, choose a cup size, and press the “K-Button” to brew or get a stronger cup by pushing the “Strong” button. There are no surprises here.
To make a cappuccino or latte, all you need to do is add fresh milk of your choice up to the cappuccino and latte line, and then select the frothing mode. After that, simply put the K-Cup in and press the “Latte & Cappuccino” option before pressing the large “K-Button” to brew.
Making an iced latte is easy as well. Simply fill the pitcher with fresh milk and press the “Cold Froth” button to brew a K-Cup on the “Latte & Cappuccino” option over ice, and then add frothed milk.
This is one of the best single serve coffee makers out there. You have all the necessary options alongside a milk frother. The K-Cup pods are widely available and come in so many different flavors and varieties that you will have no trouble finding one that suits you.
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Fast brewing
- Comes with a warranty
- No temperature control
- Can’t brew a full carafe
- Doesn’t do K-Mug sizes
CHULUX Single Serve Coffee Maker Review
If you are busy, then this is the coffee maker for you. The CHULUX makes a great cup of Joe, works with K-Cups, is very affordable, and an excellent single cup coffee maker. It comes with many great features such as an automatic shut-off function that keeps users safety in mind by shutting down the machine once the coffee is brewed. The appliance has a cool touch exterior for added safety, so its exterior surface isn’t scalding hot and is safe to touch.
The device also has a space-saving design that allows it to fit comfortably in a small space, which means you have many options as to where you put it in your kitchen. It is also a one-touch operation, so there are no complicated buttons to press or figure out. Finally, it is compatible with most K-Cups, so you don’t have to worry about finding a specific type of pods.
This coffee maker comes in five different colors. It is made with BPA-free materials and is compatible with most mugs. Furthermore, the instructions are super easy to follow, so making yourself a cup of morning coffee will be
All in all, this is the ideal single serve coffee maker for anyone who runs on a tight schedule. Finding the right coffee maker for your busy lifestyle is exceptionally important. We think you will love The CHULUX Coffee Maker. It is a hassle and worry-free one cup coffee maker.
- BPA-free materials
- Comes in five colors
- Fast boiling time
- Simple instructions
- Easy to clean
- Overheating protection
- Only serves one cup at a time
- Loud brewing noises
- Only holds 12-ounces in the water reservoir
Ninja Single-Serve, Pod-Free Coffee Maker – Our Choice as the Best Single Serve Coffee Maker
In the past, you needed numerous appliances to achieve a full coffeehouse experience in your home. Nowadays things have changed. With the Ninja Single-Serve, Pod-Free Coffeemaker, you can quickly get a full coffeehouse experience without the clutter. This is the best single serve coffee maker on the market. It has an array of brewing settings, all in a small and easy to use package.
The Ninja Single-Serve Coffee Maker is versatile enough to support a full coffee bar without having multiple appliances on your countertop. It is not only convenient, but a space saver as well. This versatile single-serve coffee maker has four brewing options:
• Classic: For your usual go-to brew of coffee.
• Rich: Somewhere between an espresso and a classic coffee you get an excellent medium. This setting goes well with dairy without it being overpowered or overpowering.
• Iced: Opens up a whole new world for coffee brewing by allowing you to make hot coffee over ice, which can be refreshing on a hot day.
• Specialty: Works best for making drinks like a latte or cappuccino that are espresso based. It’s considered a coffee concentrate but is primarily an espresso option.
• Café Forte: This setting is designed to help accentuate the distinctive characteristics of the grounds that you are using. It makes an excellent coffee that is perfect to drink without any creamer or sugar additives
The device also features an Auto IQ One Touch Intelligence Feature, which means that it will measure the water after you have selected a cup size. This feature eliminates the guesswork you might put into that on your part.
Overall, the Ninja Single-Serve, Pod-Free Coffee Maker can create any coffee drink you want. The control panel is the key to its versatility, and it lets you brew anything that you might be in the mood for at any time. An additional bonus is that you can use your coffee grounds.
- Versatile and Easy to Use
- You can make anything from regular coffee to an entire carafe
- Multiple modes to choose from
- Many convenient options to make brewing your morning coffee easier
- Over brewing can occur
- Very Plain Design
- Requires a more counter space than a regular coffee maker
Cuisinart SS-10 Premium Single-Serve Coffeemaker Review
Another great single serve coffee maker is the Cuisinart SS-10 Premium. This coffee maker uses both K-Cups and your own grounds, so every cup of coffee can be customized to fit your tastes. It has a stylish modern design with a silver finish and striking blue LCD screen, sleek style, and transparent reservoir. This machine will look good in any kitchen.
The Cuisinart SS-10 also has numerous features such as a programmable interface where you can input your specific preferences for your morning cup of Joe. You can adjust the temperature, use the automatic on and off features, and set the cup size you wish to have.
This is a versatile device that allows you to make other hot beverages such as tea or instant hot cocoa because it has hot water available on demand. The serving sizes range from 4 ounces to 12 ounces, and the sizeable 72-ounce water reservoir is impressive. It also has a reusable filter cup so that you can brew your own grounds.
You can store the filter cup on the machine to prevent you from losing it. That alone is a huge bonus feature on this already incredible coffee maker.
Fans of Cuisinart are raving about this being the best single serve coffee maker they have ever come across. It can quickly brew any coffee you want, and has a large water reservoir making it a practical appliance for your home or office.
- Quick brewing
- K-cup compatible
- Ground coffee compatible
- The filter is excellent
- Very big water reservoir
- Numerous cup size choices
- Has a 3 year warranty
- The puncturing mechanism could be better
- It is made of plastic
- It has a lower brewing temperature
Technivorm Moccamaster 69212 Cup One Single Serve Coffee Brewer Review
Enjoy a cup of coffee made just the way you want it with the Moccamaster Cup-One Single Cup Coffee Maker! This machine is ideal for a 196 – 205 degrees Fahrenheit brewing temperature.
Your 10 ounce cup will have the perfect blend of coffee with this pod-free coffee maker. It has a specifically designed brew-bask to steep your coffee with and makes a cup of Morning Joe in under four minutes.
This single serve coffee maker comes with a removable cup holder to fit different sizes of cups under the brewing basket. Another nice touch is that the burner is automatic and will turn off right after brewing.
The appliance is made of a combination of BPA-free plastic, stainless steel, copper, aluminum, and glass, making it so durable that it could last a lifetime. The compact modern design gives your kitchen that sleek look without wasting any counter space.
Overall, this is a gourmet coffee maker that you will surely love. It is the perfect gift or pick for anybody who enjoys premium-brewed coffee.
- Quick brewing
- Modern design
- Automatic shutoff
- Quality one cup coffee brewing
- Simple to clean
- Five year warranty
- Metal carafe can be difficult to use
- A bit pricey
The Best Single Serve Coffee Maker Buying Guide
The daily grind can’t begin for most people until they have consumed that first cup of coffee. Therefore, getting the right kind of coffee maker is on the top of the list for most households. You can spend upwards of $200 or more on a single serve coffee maker with all the bells and whistles, but more and more people are opting for simple one cup coffee makers.
Why Buy a Single Serve Coffee Maker?
Those who drink a lot of coffee and like a full pot of it throughout the day, may wonder what the upside of getting a single serve coffee maker is.
The major benefit of this kind of coffee maker boils down to freshness.
Old coffee can be bitter and sometimes even downright gross. Most coffee fans can agree that having a fresh cup of coffee on demand is one incredible benefit of these coffee makers.
Other Benefits of a single serve coffee maker include:
• Fast brewing.
• Quality coffee each and every time.
• Customizable settings for the perfect blend for your taste.
• Convenient and easy to use.
• Encourages you to drink less coffee without noticing it.
• Perfect for the workplace where everyone has different taste.
Popular Types of Single Cup Coffee Makers
There are many types of single cup coffee makers on the market, and choosing one can be a trying task. That is why it is important to be well informed. To help you with this we have listed the four main types of single serve coffee makers:
1. K-cup coffee makers: Designed first for the Keurig brand, and known for their ease of use. You just pop the K-Cup into the machine and let it brew. It has pre-grounded grounds inside the K-Cup and often comes out with the perfect water to coffee ratio depending on your coffee makers settings.
2. Pod coffee makers: The beans are grounded and placed inside a tea-bag type of casing. You place the pod in the coffee maker’s designated area and press “Brew.” It is a convenient product that is often found in hotel coffee makers.
3. Single brew coffee makers: This is a traditional brew that makes a single cup of coffee without the use of a K-Cup or pod. Instead, the coffee grounds are placed in a small filter area to brew one cup. This is useful if you live in a household where one person wants to make grounded decaf coffee followed by another who wants caffeinated coffee. If different members of the household like different brands and brews, this is a great option.
4. Hybrid coffee makers: If you want the best of both worlds, chances are that this is the kind of coffee maker you want to invest in. It allows you to brew both grounded coffee beans and K-Cups interchangeably. These types of coffee makers are ideal for an office setting where you have many different tastes and preferences.
Features to Consider
When purchasing any coffee maker you will need to consider the features it has. Here is a list of the main features you need to think about when finding and buying the best single serve coffee maker for you:
• Brewing Speed
• Timer Feature
• Water Temperature
• Hot Water
• Brewing Strength Choices
• Reusable K-Cup Filter Options
• Size of the Coffee Maker
• Iced Coffee Capabilities
• Water Filtration System
• Water Reservoir
• Detachable Water Reservoir
• Transparent Water Reservoir
• Cord Length
• Cup Size
• Amount of Noise
• Coffee Selection
• Cost of the Coffee
Additional Things to Consider
1. The Number of Cups: If one cup of morning coffee doesn’t do it for you, perhaps you should consider a single serve machine that can brew you an extra large cup.
2. Frequency of Use: Do you drink coffee throughout the day? Then you will want a model with an insulated carafe or mug. This keeps your coffee fresh and hot for many hours.
3. Size and Height Constraints: Is your kitchen on the small side? Then you should get a smaller single serve coffee maker versus a larger one. You may want one that saves space but isn’t necessarily compact if you have a larger kitchen.
4. If You are a Morning Grouch: For some the mornings are tough. Especially when you need to be functioning on Monday mornings. If this is you, consider getting a coffee maker with an automatic on-switch. That way you can set things up before you go to bed and have the perfect cup of Morning Joe without any hassle.
A Quick Word of Caution & Overall Thoughts
When it comes to buying the best single serve coffee maker you should consider customer reviews.
This is important because you will be able to learn a lot about the good and bad of that particular product. It is also recommended that you consider the overall picture of what you need versus nitpicking over minor details.
The truth of the matter is that some coffee makers will not live up to your expectations. The key is to find the best single serve coffee maker for you.
Our list of coffee makers only includes the best ones on the market, so we suggest that you pick one of them. If possible, try one before you buy it. This will help you to know if you want it or not.
Now that you are informed, tell us what your favorite brand of coffee is and if you use a single serve coffee maker, are in the market for a new one, or want to upgrade your old carafe coffee maker.
Top Rated Single Serve Coffee Maker 2018